The Coburg Tennis Club Inc. was formed in 1890 adjacent to one of Melbourne’s most well known and notorious site’s Pentridge Prison, now making way for housing development.
The Club is one of the oldest Tennis Club’s in Australia, (turned 125 in 2015). The Club moved to its current site in Bush Reserve, Coburg in 1954.
The Coburg Tennis Club has also served the development of many Australian greats including champions such as Ashley Cooper in the 1950’s and more recently Mark Philippoussis. The Club has also serviced the development of many players who have played or are playing in the satellite circuits both here in Australia and overseas, including Taso Vasiliadis, a former member of the Greek Davis Cup Squad.